Buy Wholesale Bilinga Lumber
Freshly cut Bilinga is yellow to orange-yellow, turning to an orange-red to golden brown colour. The 30-50 mm thick sapwood is clearly distinguishable and is pale yellow to white. Bilinga is one of the most popular African wood species which is exported and used all over the world. Originated in Rubiaceae wood family, it is also famous by other names including Aloma and Opepe in some countries. The diameter of Bilinga tree trunk is about 60 to 90 cm and the wood color is golden-orange yellow.
Planning to buy Bilinga Sawn Timber from Cameroon Timber Export? Use the form below to send your queries and questions about our Bilinga Wood quality, Specification, Grade, Measurements, etc or place an order now. Buy Wholesale Bilinga Lumber, logs and slaps from African Forest Timber Ltd.
Properties of this timber species
- Botanical name: Nauclea diderrichii / Nauclea gilletti
- ATIBT name: Bilinga
- Other names: Badi, Opepe
- Bilinga is listed in the Dutch norm NEN 5493 ‘Quality Requirements For Hardwoods In Road Construction Works, Hydraulic Engineering Works And Other Structural Applications’. Buy Wholesale Bilinga Lumber, logs and slaps from African Forest Timber Ltd.
- Bilinga quality class Category 3/Tropical/NEN 5493 is classed in strength class D35 (NEN-EN 338)
- Bilinga is used for a diversity of construction purposes, for both inside and outside, fendering, jetties, bridges, bridge decks (minimum of 40 mm thick)
- Other applications include park benches, fences and gate
- Resistance to fungi: class 1 (very durable)
- Resistance to insects: Termites class D (sapwood and heartwood very durable), Marine borers class M (moderately durable)
Density (Buy Wholesale Bilinga Lumber, logs and slaps from African Forest Timber Ltd.)
- (660)-750-(900) kg/m3 at 12% moisture content
- Fresh 900-1150 kg/m3
There are no reviews yet.